In this article, we wanted to help those who are looking for an accident lawyer in San Antonio for accidents with 18 wheeler trucks, one of our favorite types of vehicles produced by technology.
If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you may need an accident lawyer. Quotes News has reviewed the accident lawyers in San Antonio in detail and has created a list of 18 wheeler accident lawyer for you.
Many laws in the trucking industry are protective when accidents occur, and working with an accident lawyer who has a good grasp of these laws puts you and your loved ones at an advantage. An accident lawyer must have a good understanding of trucking laws and must be able to make accurate decisions about who was at fault when an accident occurs. If you are not sure which lawyer to choose, you can take a look at the list we have prepared by evaluating user opinions.
What are common causes of 18 wheeler truck accidents in San Antonio?
There are several reasons why truck accidents can occur in San Antonio, and some of the most common causes include.
Some common factors that can lead to truck accidents are:
- Distracted driving or lack of attention by the driver
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- Unsafe lane changes or failure to use signals while changing lanes
- Hazardous road conditions, such as ice or fog
- Equipment failure, including problems with the brakes, tires, or other parts of the vehicle
- Overloaded or poorly loaded cargo, which can cause rollover accidents
- Jackknife accidents resulting from trailer malfunctions or other issues
Let’s take a closer look at the causes of truck accidents
- Driver error. Such as distracted driving, speeding, or driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Equipment failure. Such as brake failure, tire blowouts, or faulty steering mechanisms.
- Poor maintenance. Such as failure to conduct regular inspections or repairs.
- Overloaded or improperly loaded trucks. Which can affect the stability and handling of the vehicle.
- Weather conditions. Such as rain, fog, or ice, which can make driving more difficult and increase the risk of accidents.
It’s worth noting that truck accidents can also occur due to a combination of these factors or other factors not mentioned here. It’s important to investigate the specific circumstances surrounding each accident to determine the cause and identify who may be liable for damages.
How often do 18 wheeler accident occur in San Antonio?
Unfortunately, 18 wheeler accidents are not uncommon in San Antonio. Due to the city’s location as a major transportation hub, there are many large trucks and commercial vehicles on the roads, which can increase the risk of accidents. In addition, San Antonio has a growing population and economy, which means there are more cars on the road and more demand for goods to be transported by truck.
According to statistics from the Texas Department of Transportation, there were over 32,000 accidents involving commercial vehicles in the state of Texas in 2020. In Bexar County, where San Antonio is located, there were 1,870 accidents involving commercial vehicles, including 18-wheelers, that resulted in 19 fatalities and 584 injuries.
It’s important to note that these statistics represent only reported accidents and injuries, and the actual number of 18 wheeler accidents in San Antonio may be higher. If you are involved in an accident with a large truck, it’s important to seek legal guidance to ensure your rights are protected and you receive the compensation you deserve.
The Financial and Moral Burden of Being the Victim of a Truck Accident in San Antonio
After experiencing the initial shock of being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, many victims face a significant financial burden. There are several factors that determine the amount of compensation that victims may be entitled to, including:
- Lost wages due to missed work resulting from injuries sustained in the accident
- Medical expenses related to the treatment of injuries sustained in the accident
- Physical and emotional trauma suffered as a result of the accident
- Ongoing pain management and rehabilitation costs
- Vehicle repair expenses or the cost of purchasing a new vehicle if the original vehicle was totaled
Minor accidents are almost unavoidable due to the presence of various vehicles on the road and changing weather and road conditions. However, accidents involving large trucks, such as rollovers, can result in life-altering injuries for drivers and passengers in other vehicles. Truck accidents can cause significant damage and catastrophic injuries for individuals in smaller vehicles.
An Accident Lawyer Is Absolutely Necessary For 18 Wheeler Accident In San Antonio
On any given day, it’s highly probable that you’ll encounter 18-wheel trucks, which are commonly used for transporting goods. While the drivers of these trucks are typically trained to follow strict safety rules and regulations, they can still make mistakes that result in serious accidents. If you’ve been involved in an accident with an 18-wheeler, it’s important to seek legal representation from the qualified lawyers on our list to ensure you receive the compensation you’re entitled to.
Who Are the Best 18 Wheeler Accident Lawyers in San Antonio?